Man admitted to hospital with sunburn after seeing the sun for the first time in 4 months

4214

A Cardiff man has been admitted to hospital with severe sunburn after finding himself caught in sunlight for the first time since October 2015.

Gary TwoPorches, from Rumney, was putting out his wheelie bin at 7am this morning when the accident happened. He told WalesOnCraic:

“I like to put my wheelie bin out early in the week so that I don’t have to put it out later in the week. What I wasn’t expecting was a huge ball of burning fire in the sky. No one on the news told me about it so out I went without creaming myself up or anything. By the time I’d come back in to make a cup of tea, my whole face was bright red and hotter than the surface of the sun. I walked to the hospital – cars even stopped thinking I was a red light. It’s so embarrassing. I’m going on a date tomorrow too and now I have to go there looking like a giant hernia.”

Gary was given some cream and told fuck off by staff nurses. He is now recovering at home with a box set of Doc Martin.